Skip to main content

confessions of a confused soul - 2

"Stop acting like a lost teenage girl high on harmones"... His words haunting me again and again. "Did I really talk like that?". I close my eyes to feel the morbid humiliation make my body cold inside out. 

"Your emotions are suffocating me" I can hear his words again, as if he is standing near. I open my eyes to find myself alone.... and empty. 

"Suffocating??!!! my care is suffocating!!"... 

Nobody had every rejected my care, my love, my attentions. I am used to people craving for me. "Was I really over reacting like a teenage girl??"

I could not answer my questions. "Maybe I was. Why would anybody tell me to love less??" 

It doesn't make sense. The anguish and pain I was feeling in my heart was just escalating. My body felt ice cold. I opened my eyes to see nothing, I wrapped my hands around me to warm myself. But I shivered, shivered with pain and loneliness.

"Can I not deal with emotions like a matured person I pride myself to be??" 

"No" His voice taunted me again. 

Tears flowed unbidden without a sob. Like my heart was not crying but pushing out unwanted tears out of my body. 

"Do I fall back to my teenage mind when ever am emotionally insecure??!!" 

"Yes" There was his voice again. But now I wondered "Was it taunting or answering?"

I curled myself more and hugged myself tighter. 

"Am I insecure??!" 

"You are" .... he said..... I wondered...

I closed my eyes again. The darkness was welcome, I didnt want to see that I was alone. I already felt it. 

He left me. He just walked away leaving me broken. "Should I blame him??! Or myself??" 

My breaths were becoming short and sharp. Like there is not enough oxygen left in the room anymore. It was suffocating. "Did he feel like how I feel now??!"

I couldn't answer that. I didn't know if I should answer that. I didn't know if I can answer that. 

"Did I really suffocate him so much??!" 

"Maybe I did." 

"But how could I have become this person?"

Reasons and logic was not working. Emotions, tides and tides of emotions were drowning me. My brain was frozen, My heart was overworking. 

Emotions. Everywhere. No place to breath. Just raw feel.

I don't know how long I was like this. Minutes... Hours.. Days....

I remember dreaming. Maybe I fell asleep. 

I was in a dark place filled with water. No place to go anywhere. I woke up screaming. 

"Suffocation" The word was vibrating in my heart. 

I drew a big breath. It was not hitching anymore. My heart was hurting, my head was throbbing but I could breath now. I inhaled deep again. This room smelled of him. I smiled.... It was always home, the smell of him.

Maybe that's where everything went wrong. He was my home and I was his vacation. 

Something clicked into place, like I found a way out of this maze.  "Did I??"

Maybe I did, I don't know yet. I have to feel it. But I was afraid to feel. 

I tapped into my last resolve of my confidence and drew a big breath again. It smelled of him. "I can't think here. I need to get out"

I walked out, the rain had just stopped. I drew a big breath. Fresh. New. Clean.

My brain started working again. My logic and reasoning returned. 

I smiled. I felt myself again. 

I didnt want to think. My thoughts were clouding me. But I knew one truth. "I was suffocating him" 

"Why?? How ?? When??.." Hundred questions. I didnt want to answer. 

But I knew the truth. And I need to claim it. 

I have to let him go. I have to let him breath. 

I smiled. My heart was not overworking. The ache was there, But it was not paining when I thought to let him go. I felt myself again. 

And not my 16 year old self.

"Should I blame him??! Or myself??". I have no answer. But I knew better now.

I should let her go. For him to breath and me to love, I should let her go.

I felt light, fresh and clean. 

I smiled. 






Comments

  1. This is a classic article...
    I felt as if am standing in front of a mirror..and mirror started speaking to me..wow..what a feel it gives..yes it is true..sometimes..as says in the movie Dil Chahtha hai..hold the sand grains in your hand..it starts flowing out between your fingers..instead allow the sand to fizzle our from your hand..it flies in to the air....sometimes it is better to let them off the hook..so that either they realise the importance of caring attitude or..they feel they are comfortable to take of their own business..
    what an article Nivi..superbly explained..

    i liked the classic lines
    1) Like my heart was not crying but pushing out unwanted tears out of my body
    2) He was my home and I was his vacation.

    Nivi special at again...!!! Super

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madam Nivs,
    Absolutely random :) .... Matured yet innocent feelings!!! Liked it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silence

Silence was something she associated with very well. She was a calm, patient person from the moment she opened her eyes. Through family, schools and college, silence was something everybody expected of her. The major part of her small world was silent and she loved it. Married to a soft and calm guy, gave her leave to be silent further in her life. She loved her routine silent life and didn’t want to change a thing in it. Silence had a capacity to soothe her, it had a depth to allure her. Until one day.... Sadvi was feeling nauseous and tired that day, her health was her strong point. She was a very very healthy person and she worked well to keep it like that. But that day was different. She didn’t want to dwell on that so she took a leave and took rest. Felt happy that Sourav wanted to stay back to look after her, but she shooed him away and took rest. Her condition didn’t improve the next day or the next day or the next day. On the fourth day she finally decided to vi

Am fine...........

  " Hi, friends, welcome to my story. Name is Sangeetha. This is the 143rd day of my hospitalization, am paralyzed from waist down and as far as the whispers go, I don't have much time left to finish paralyzing my whole ..........   Sangeetha saw that her mother who was holding handycam was shedding tears silently...   "Ma, what happened...???.... Ma, mamma, oh come on, don't cry......... Look at me mom... look am smiling, don't worry you will be fine.... "   and she smiled at her mom encouraging her to do the same. When her mother gave the most insincere smile of the world, she said in a soothing voice.    "Okay, close the handycam and come sit by me. We will finish recording after sometime. Now you tell me the story of how you met dad again."   Sujatha smiled back to her only daughter and she stopped recording, when she closed the screen the camera was blinking 7:43 a.m.     Exactly One year later....................

One summer afternoon...

This post has been published by me as a part of Blog-a-Ton 55 ; the fifty-fifth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. In association with Rashmi Kumar , the author of Hooked, Lined and Single and Jyoti Arora , the author of Lemon Girl . . Saritha looked up towards the clear sky, there was not a speck of cloud just sparkling blue. She mumbled to herself "looks like it might rain" . Then she shouted looking towards the balcony "Ramya, bring down the clothes. Looks like it might rain" Ramya who was cleaning the balcony peeked up towards the sky to see clear beautiful blue, she frowned and shouted back "Its ok ma, it is still very sunny. Let the clothes dry" It was a typical saturday afternoon in Ramnath Rao's house. Saritha was in the kitchen clearing up the dishes, Ramya was cleaning some part of the house, Chintu was already down for the afternoon nap, Ramesh was working on his computer and Ra