Skip to main content

Confessions of a confused soul - 6 - spring cleaning



There you are walking down the corridor. As if the world is under your feet. Am I included in the world ?... It doesn't matter now, is it?

We met, we bonded and then. And then we stagnated. We didn't move on, we didn't move forward, we didn't even back away or change course. We just stayed, decaying whatever we had between us. I have felt it turning putrid and rotten.

You who occupied a big corner office in my heart, just left it there to ruin away into haunted place. But then I thought it is my space, my heart, its my responsibility too to maintain it. Alas it's easier said than done. I stood outside it days and days, just willing myself to rebuild it. 

Finally it was you who gave me the push. And what a gift on my birthday you gave. While the whole world was wishing me with all the love, you couldn't find common courtesy to wish a fellow companion. May be I never occupied even a closet in your heart.

There was always a thread bonding me to you, tugging me towards you. I sat and hoped and expected you tugging at me. But you sniped it, now there is nothing between us. Just air.

But am not blaming you for not wishing, Am thanking you. Because if you had wished, hope would have sprouted, right in the middle of that rotten place. It would have dug its roots so deep and held on so tight. Now I don't have to worry about pulling out the roots of a beautiful relationship. 

As a matter of fact, I think I actually whistled while cleaning my heart, shed a few remaining tears, danced along the clean fresh heart and smiled a lot.

And there you are walking down towards me. As if the world is under your feet. I am not included in that world. Neither would I ever want to be. Thank you.

Comments

  1. Norm in trekking is..carry least possible items so the baggage will be lighter...but human mindset says...oh i need this, that and all...so we carry and wr suffer...

    But later on the trekking trail we realise we need to drop either the idea or the excess baggage...

    We endup discarding the excess baggage which is of no use to us..or it wont fit our path..

    Likewise some relationship ends abruptly for no reason.. Better put the memories in the pit and burry for ever..so the hopes of seed should not germinate from it.

    Beautiful explained in short sentences...words created a magic here...keep reading it new doors of understanding opens up...

    Nivi special after a long time...super nivi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldnt have commented better myself :D

      Delete
  2. The thoughts, the worries, the aspirations and the disappointments...all..I stress all...vanish with one cool breez that softens the hardness in the heart..and thats life. Fantastic...very short but OMG very powerful story..Good one Nivi. After so many years..(?) I am seeing the blogs now...Good to see the Pals...of yester years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Best Friend"

It was a mild evening with light breeze, the clouds were threatening a rainy night. And as usual Rakshith and Vani were seated at their favourite coffee shop, at their usual timings, having their usual cup of coffee and unwinding after a long day at work.
Neither ever found to fill up all the silence with chattering they were as comfortable with silence as with words. Sometimes they preferred silence more than words. It was jolt from a silent pondering when Rakshith's phone pinged.
He smiled apologetically while he looked at his message. As usual after checking his message he scrolled his facebook timeline and chuckled. Vani as usual knew he would do what he did and asked, "Who said what?"
He set his phone down and said, somebody has asked a question "What do you mean by "best friend"?
She smiled while sipping at her cup, both enjoying the companiable silence and the hot cuppa in hand.
As was their habit, today was her turn to pay for the coffee and his turn to…

Confessions - 10 doors

She stood watching the door he had just closed walking out. For a moment nothing worked, her brain, her body, her mind, her conscience.. even her breath had stopped. Then she took a long breath and everything started at a time. The explosions in her mind, the devastation in heart, the thundering thoughts in her brain. All she could do was stare at the closed door. 
Pain pierced through her soul like a hot knife through a wound. She struggled to breath, all she wanted to do was howl at the fate which made her stand here and feel this horrible feeling. But she couldn't produce a sound, even call his name. To call him back to her. 
She collapsed on the floor as her knees buckled. Held her midriff in a embrace so tight. The coldness of the situation was settling there and spreading everywhere. And finally a tear broke the barriers and rolled down. 
The gush of tears which flowed down her cheeks were unnoticed, as her heart cried out. The edge of the pain dulled to a throbbing ache in her…

Confessions - 11 - seasonal friend

Journal entry - 372
I wonder what power he holds on me. I could never stop his arrival or his departure. He breaks my heart everytime and I swear I will never let him ... Everytime.
He comes when he wants, when he feels lonely. I asked him "Did you miss me?" and he replies "Once someone is yours, you will always  miss them"... I smiled within myself, only to notice later he never answered my question.
He has an alluring charm that I can't escape and to make matters worse when he is here I don't want to escape. And if you think for a moment that he pampers me and spoils me crazy while he is visiting. You can't be more wrong while I rectify you that he never opens his heart enough to show it to me. 
Oh he cares, I know he does, atleast I feel he does. Is that the only thread am holding onto?? 
I wonder how will he respond if he reads this. But then again I know how he will respond, he would say "everything is an illusion, the emotions, the love, the care …