Skip to main content

Confessions of a confused soul - 6 - spring cleaning



There you are walking down the corridor. As if the world is under your feet. Am I included in the world ?... It doesn't matter now, is it?

We met, we bonded and then. And then we stagnated. We didn't move on, we didn't move forward, we didn't even back away or change course. We just stayed, decaying whatever we had between us. I have felt it turning putrid and rotten.

You who occupied a big corner office in my heart, just left it there to ruin away into haunted place. But then I thought it is my space, my heart, its my responsibility too to maintain it. Alas it's easier said than done. I stood outside it days and days, just willing myself to rebuild it. 

Finally it was you who gave me the push. And what a gift on my birthday you gave. While the whole world was wishing me with all the love, you couldn't find common courtesy to wish a fellow companion. May be I never occupied even a closet in your heart.

There was always a thread bonding me to you, tugging me towards you. I sat and hoped and expected you tugging at me. But you sniped it, now there is nothing between us. Just air.

But am not blaming you for not wishing, Am thanking you. Because if you had wished, hope would have sprouted, right in the middle of that rotten place. It would have dug its roots so deep and held on so tight. Now I don't have to worry about pulling out the roots of a beautiful relationship. 

As a matter of fact, I think I actually whistled while cleaning my heart, shed a few remaining tears, danced along the clean fresh heart and smiled a lot.

And there you are walking down towards me. As if the world is under your feet. I am not included in that world. Neither would I ever want to be. Thank you.

Comments

  1. Norm in trekking is..carry least possible items so the baggage will be lighter...but human mindset says...oh i need this, that and all...so we carry and wr suffer...

    But later on the trekking trail we realise we need to drop either the idea or the excess baggage...

    We endup discarding the excess baggage which is of no use to us..or it wont fit our path..

    Likewise some relationship ends abruptly for no reason.. Better put the memories in the pit and burry for ever..so the hopes of seed should not germinate from it.

    Beautiful explained in short sentences...words created a magic here...keep reading it new doors of understanding opens up...

    Nivi special after a long time...super nivi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thoughts, the worries, the aspirations and the disappointments...all..I stress all...vanish with one cool breez that softens the hardness in the heart..and thats life. Fantastic...very short but OMG very powerful story..Good one Nivi. After so many years..(?) I am seeing the blogs now...Good to see the Pals...of yester years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silence

Silence was something she associated with very well. She was a calm, patient person from the moment she opened her eyes. Through family, schools and college, silence was something everybody expected of her. The major part of her small world was silent and she loved it. Married to a soft and calm guy, gave her leave to be silent further in her life. She loved her routine silent life and didn’t want to change a thing in it. Silence had a capacity to soothe her, it had a depth to allure her. Until one day.... Sadvi was feeling nauseous and tired that day, her health was her strong point. She was a very very healthy person and she worked well to keep it like that. But that day was different. She didn’t want to dwell on that so she took a leave and took rest. Felt happy that Sourav wanted to stay back to look after her, but she shooed him away and took rest. Her condition didn’t improve the next day or the next day or the next day. On the fourth day she finally decided to vi

Am fine...........

  " Hi, friends, welcome to my story. Name is Sangeetha. This is the 143rd day of my hospitalization, am paralyzed from waist down and as far as the whispers go, I don't have much time left to finish paralyzing my whole ..........   Sangeetha saw that her mother who was holding handycam was shedding tears silently...   "Ma, what happened...???.... Ma, mamma, oh come on, don't cry......... Look at me mom... look am smiling, don't worry you will be fine.... "   and she smiled at her mom encouraging her to do the same. When her mother gave the most insincere smile of the world, she said in a soothing voice.    "Okay, close the handycam and come sit by me. We will finish recording after sometime. Now you tell me the story of how you met dad again."   Sujatha smiled back to her only daughter and she stopped recording, when she closed the screen the camera was blinking 7:43 a.m.     Exactly One year later....................

One summer afternoon...

This post has been published by me as a part of Blog-a-Ton 55 ; the fifty-fifth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. In association with Rashmi Kumar , the author of Hooked, Lined and Single and Jyoti Arora , the author of Lemon Girl . . Saritha looked up towards the clear sky, there was not a speck of cloud just sparkling blue. She mumbled to herself "looks like it might rain" . Then she shouted looking towards the balcony "Ramya, bring down the clothes. Looks like it might rain" Ramya who was cleaning the balcony peeked up towards the sky to see clear beautiful blue, she frowned and shouted back "Its ok ma, it is still very sunny. Let the clothes dry" It was a typical saturday afternoon in Ramnath Rao's house. Saritha was in the kitchen clearing up the dishes, Ramya was cleaning some part of the house, Chintu was already down for the afternoon nap, Ramesh was working on his computer and Ra