Skip to main content

Small details


I saw a beautiful couple today. It was raining heavily and a group of college students were running to find shelter in the rain. It was a small group of 2 guys and 3 girls. Out of them I could easily make the couple in the group. He was protective about her more than anybody, trying to get her to safety. Rain became a reason to hold each other’s hand, to feel the warmth and if I was her I wouldn’t have felt the cold rain at all, because all my attention would be focused on that warm hand holding me.
They came and stood in a bus shelter, as water was splashing from all corners, all of them just huddled up in a corner together, but the best spot was taken by the couple. He was leaning on the side of the shelter and she was so very lightly leaning on him, enough close to feel his warm breath on her, and to draw the warmth from his body. Believe me none of this seemed out of place or wrong, only because it was raining. One who knows romance could see that, between people who were worrying how to get home, or when will the rain stop, between the curses of untimely rain these young couple were making a private moment of their own.
Now among the very few, that couple would be one which will remember that rainy moment with some fondness. At that point of time I felt in an effort to balance life, achieve goals, complete responsibilities and fulfill the dreams we forget to enjoy the most wonderful moments of our life.
It is true that at certain age and time we would have wished that our life be full of these kinds of moments. Are we so forgetful that we ignore the moments which always made us smile. And we go in search of happiness defining it through luxury. And forget that to find happiness in luxury also we need those small moments when we shared it with somebody.
Buying a flower, remembering a special day, cooking somebody’s favourite dish, smiling whenever we say goodbye, letting them know how much they mean to you, a simple hug, a phone call without reason, or just being there and enjoying the moment. I can fill pages of these small acts and moments but I regret that people forget to fill it in their lives. Wake up people Big picture is made of small details.

Comments

  1. // in an effort to balance life, achieve goals, complete responsibilities and fulfill the dreams we forget to enjoy the most wonderful moments of our life.//

    Absolutely agree :)

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post.. we often tend to miss the time which is past us rather than enjoying the current time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post!!!!!!!! Waiting for such a moment in life......hope it will come soon.
    shobha
    www.shobhapink.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions - 10 doors

She stood watching the door he had just closed walking out. For a moment nothing worked, her brain, her body, her mind, her conscience.. even her breath had stopped. Then she took a long breath and everything started at a time. The explosions in her mind, the devastation in heart, the thundering thoughts in her brain. All she could do was stare at the closed door. 
Pain pierced through her soul like a hot knife through a wound. She struggled to breath, all she wanted to do was howl at the fate which made her stand here and feel this horrible feeling. But she couldn't produce a sound, even call his name. To call him back to her. 
She collapsed on the floor as her knees buckled. Held her midriff in a embrace so tight. The coldness of the situation was settling there and spreading everywhere. And finally a tear broke the barriers and rolled down. 
The gush of tears which flowed down her cheeks were unnoticed, as her heart cried out. The edge of the pain dulled to a throbbing ache in her…

A humble plea to bullet riders - From a drooling onlooker

Till today I haven't encountered a person who is not impressed by Bullet. The "dug dug dug" sound like beat of a thunderous drums creates an amazing illusion of an impressive rider on the amazing beast.  Before I let you on to my plea let me tell you a bit about the beast you ride with pride. Way back in 1955 The Indian Government looked for a suitable motorcycle for its police and army for patrolling the country's border. The Royal Enfield Bullet was chosen as the most suitable bike for the job. 
You are riding a bike used in many military operations and even in WW II. So please hear a plea of a humble drooling onlooker before you ride on in your pride.
Every bullet rider might not be a bike enthusiast but every biker is a bullet enthusiast. And also every onlooker who gives you a look while you drive with that patented "potato potato" sound blasting through your bike. 
By a unconscious consensus there are certain etiquette you have to follow if you are riding…

Confessions - 11 - seasonal friend

Journal entry - 372
I wonder what power he holds on me. I could never stop his arrival or his departure. He breaks my heart everytime and I swear I will never let him ... Everytime.
He comes when he wants, when he feels lonely. I asked him "Did you miss me?" and he replies "Once someone is yours, you will always  miss them"... I smiled within myself, only to notice later he never answered my question.
He has an alluring charm that I can't escape and to make matters worse when he is here I don't want to escape. And if you think for a moment that he pampers me and spoils me crazy while he is visiting. You can't be more wrong while I rectify you that he never opens his heart enough to show it to me. 
Oh he cares, I know he does, atleast I feel he does. Is that the only thread am holding onto?? 
I wonder how will he respond if he reads this. But then again I know how he will respond, he would say "everything is an illusion, the emotions, the love, the care …